Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Favorite vehicles. #ChallengeToWrite

I have been absent for a couple days. I have had a lot going on, and none of it good. But I decided to take a moment tonight to check out the prompt for today. And honestly, I am not feeling it. I can't write about my favorite vehicle right now. I just don't have it in my heart.

What I will write about is my Uncle's "toys". I will never forget the 1st car I ever remember envying. It was my Uncle's Porsche when I was probably only 8 or 9 years old. It was a beautiful car. It was this blue color and it was so sleek and small. I remember thinking it was so cool that my Uncle would have such and awesome car. It was the first time I had ever seen a car that didn't have a backseat.  I feel instantly in love with it. Maybe this is where my obsession with Porsche's started.

Then when I was a teenager he was the first person I knew to own a Hum-vee. Not the ones you see on the road now, but an honest to God military like hummer. It was so COOL. It was big. It was noisy. It was a rough ride. But it was so neat. No car out there can compare to that big monsterous thing.

My Uncle always had the coolest "toys". I think he liked accumulating things. He had speed boats, and cigarette boats and house boats, jet ski's and even a floating house....yup a house that floated on the water that was NOT a boat,. And cars....oh the cars that man had... We used to go visit him and go tubing, and boating. He had an amazing house on a mountain lake.

My Uncle was amazing. He was my first crush (even though I knew I could never marry him, but as a child I adored him), he was my favorite person on this earth (after my parents). My Uncle was young. He was cool. He was fun. He was creative. He was loving.

At my wedding, to my first husband, my oldest son was just an infant and he was so fussy during the ceremony. My Uncle, who never had a children of his own, carried my baby around for the whole ceremony calming him and soothing him. He was amazing with my son.

I love my Uncle. Unfortunately I will never be able to tell him that again. My Uncle has been gone a year, and we weren't informed. My heart is broken. I feel we have had the right to grieve stolen from us. But I will always remember the fun times we had with him and his "toys". I will always love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment