Thursday, December 20, 2012

So starts our busy time

The holidays are always a busy time. In our family it is an exceptionally busy time. Starting on the 25th we are non-stop celebrating.

Of course on the 25th we celebrate Christmas. My kids are just about past the "Santa" stage of their lives, which is one of those bitter-sweet milestones. While you want your kids to always remember the mystical happiness Santa bestows you also look forward to a time when they realize that you are responsible for all those great gifts they recieve...and for some it means that their kids will (hopefully) ask for more reasonable gifts that we can afford. LOL like that will ever happen! We have tried to teach our kids the TRUE meaning of CHRISTmas, and they can tell you all about Jesus' birth and all that. To enforce this, a few years ago we started telling them they can only ask for 3 gifts (representing the gifts the wisemen brought) and only 1 from Santa.

On Dec. 28th we celebrate our anniversary. This year we have been married 13 years....Good golly where did the time go! I will never forget our first Christmas together. We traveled from Ft. Campbell KY to Florida to see Ty's family, this would be the 1st time I had met them. We weren't married yet. While we were in FL. we were going to get married, but due to the waiting period we were unable to. So as soon as we got back into TN we went to the marriage liscence place, got our liscence, called a justice of the peace and were married in his livingroom. It was craziness! And it has een ever since.


 

1 year and 3 days after we were married we welcomed our first child into the world. Dec. 31, 2000. Zach couldn't wait for the ball to drop and was born at 3:30 in the afternoon. 12 years old this year. Zach is our special child (not that they aren't all special), he has Cystic Fibrosis. Every year we celebrate his birthday is a blessing. When he gets older he will LOVE having his birthday on New Years Eve, right now he thinks it sucks because he is never in school which means no class party.



And then, to top it all off, on Jan 3rd is my oldest son's birthday. Tristan turns 16 this year! I can't believe I am about to be the mother of a 16 year old! I can't wait to teach him to drive. Yes I know I am crazy, but as a noncustodial parent  I have missed many milestones in his life and this is one I get to share in.



So for the next 2 weeks we stay very busy. I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year. I love all the great things we get to celebrate....I hate all the money it costs!

No comments:

Post a Comment