Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Just some ramblings about me and why I started this blog

I have never had a blog before. I have often wondered why people would blog. It's not like enough people don't already have access to the ins and outs of my life, why do I need to blog for more people to see them???? Well this year I have decided I am going to try this out....just for kicks. 


My main reason for this blog is to find people who deal with what I do on a daily basis. I don't want sympathy or drama or anything of that sort. I just want to share with who understand what I'm talking about. 


I have an 11 year old son who has Cystic Fibrosis. I hate this disease. It is a constant battle with him to do what he needs to do to keep healthy. Oh he'll do his pills just fine, but when it comes down to doing his treatments its a total fight. He hasn't been really sick in a few years so he doesn't see why he needs to do them. He doesn't understand that the treatments are what will keep him healthy. So I hope I can find other Cf parents on here to help and to share what works for them. He is also an amazingly gifted Viola player, very intelligent, and a green belt in karate.


I lost custody of my 15 year old when he was just 3 years old. I see him on a regular basis and miss him all the time. He has started expressing his want to come live with us now (a day I have been waiting for forever!).  Obviously we are very excited for that to happen but it's going to be a fight to get his father to agree. I am sure I will post on here a lot about this whole situation. 


And then there's my 9 year old daughter. She is my social butterfly. She is a cheerleader and plays softball. While she is very sociable and into just about anything she can get into (as long as its girly) she has her struggles too. We are currently in the process of having evaluations done because she is having learning 
problems in school. 


Then there's my husband of 12 years. Ahhh where to begin there! LOL. He is a truck driver and gone 90% of the time. We do not have a perfect marriage by far, but I love him and I suppose thats all that matters most of the time.


So that is why I am starting this blog this year. Just looking for people like me who want to share the ins and outs of daily life with a CF child, truck driver husband, who is a non custodial parent or has a child with other needs or is as active as my daughter :) But please no harsh words on here. As I said I don't want drama nor do I need anymore of it in my life

No comments:

Post a Comment